Yesterday I had a mildly Canadian themed day. Mildly.
It’s still August and it was sunny when I got up, so I put shorts and a t-shirt on. It was a pretty cool bike ride to work. But on morning coffee break, outside at the picnic table – it was still cold. Cold.
Just before lunch I sliced my leg open. At first I thought it was just a scratch – but when I looked down, it was a little more dramatic. My skin was gaping open and I had to hold it together to make it look normal. I think I was in a little bit of shock, ‘cause I spent a few minutes staring into the first aid cabinet trying to determine the right combination of gauze and bandages to use. Indecision.
I wasn’t too sure, but my boss was pretty quick to know that I needed stitches. So, I left for the hospital. On the way I got stopped: highway construction. That was ok – I fit a couple extra Hip songs into the drive. The Hip.
[Advice: unless you are trailing your left arm into the emergency room, stop at Tim Horton’s before you go to the hospital. You’ll wish you did if you didn’t. Double double.]
I got to the hospital and gave them my info and my problem and then I sat down with the crowd in the waiting room. Before I left for the hospital I grabbed the novel I’ve been reading – War and Peace – which was actually quite an appropriate read for my hospital visit. Not because of the content but because it’s obscenely long. Waiting Room.
I fell asleep twice before Kristy showed up with President Horton’s magical elixir. The double double enabled me to stay awake long enough to hear multiple conversations around the waiting room about the incredibly long wait. I won’t say how many hours I waited before I saw a doctor – but it was enough that I got home long after I normally would have had I had an incident free day at work. Complaining/putting up.
But the doctor was very friendly. Friendly.
Mildly cold indecision tragically hip double double waiting room complaining/putting up friendly.
Worship Curator
10 years ago
2 comments:
I do think that you should have elaborated more on the fact that your loving wife brought you Tim's and also brought a helping of Whoop-ass to the Canadian Health Care System to get you seen so that you wouldn't loose your leg and die...so really - in effect- I saved your life...you love me for that don't you.
(Mildly embarassed? Yes. Greatly Thankful! Yes. Dramatic - yes;)
K
Post a Comment